Aug 21, 2020
This episode of The SavvyCast is a Q & A with
Congressman Gary Palmer, who answers questions from Family Savvy
followers on topics from politics, current events, the election,
Who is Gary Palmer?
Gary Palmer grew up in Hackleburg, Alabama, and was the first on
either side of his family to attend college. He attended the
University of Alabama, where he was a walk-on member of the
football team under legendary coach Bear Bryant.
Gary worked in the private sector for 12 years before
involvement with Focus on the Family led him to start the Alabama
Family Alliance which later became the Alabama Policy
Gary served as President of the Alabama Policy Institute for 24
years. In 2014, he was elected to the 114th Congress, having never
served in office before. He represents Alabama’s 6th Congressional
District. He and his wife Ann reside in Hoover and are the parents
of three grown children.
Q & A with Gary Palmer
In the podcast, Gary answers questions submitted by Family Savvy
Instagram followers and podcast listeners. The questions he
addresses are below.
- What was your path to becoming a congressman?
- Do you live in a group house in DC with other members of
Congress? I’ve heard that is common.
- You served during the Obama administration and now the Trump
administration. How have these been different? How have they been
similar? Has there been more tension during the Trump
administration, or has it been the same as always?
- Do you feel that elections are generally fair and accurate with
- What would our country look like if Biden is President? How
would our country look like if Trump is re-elected?
- How has COVID changed the US and will we ever recover (will
things ever be “normal” again)? How has COVID affected businesses
and are we close to a vaccine?
- How will our right to bear arms be affected in the future?
- What are the best ways to get involved to make a difference on
the local level? What is the best way for us as citizens to make a
- What are some specific ways that we can help affect races in
the swing states?
- What would you say to good people who are scared or wary to put
themselves out there and serve in a political position?
- Who is your favorite person “on the other side of the aisle?”
Who is someone you think has character, even though you don’t see
eye-to-eye with them?
Resources Related to this Podcast:
To receive Gary's weekly devotionals, submit your request and
email to email@example.com.